Pages

17 January 2015

Those Dangerous Eyes

Amidst the thick forest
Where the trees stand silent sentinels,
Where the cricket chirps in constant chorus
And the mist settles like a blanket in the valley.

Where the everfresh fragrance of the eucalyptus
Teases the nostrils in vivid delight,
I feel the presence of unseen eyes.

Bold and dangerous...
They penetrate straight to my soul.

I turn, 
And look straight into those unflinching eyes.

They size me up, in a bid to gauge my thoughts.

My heart thudding, my steps faltering,
I try to compose my thoughts.

Utter confusion clouds my brain.
A part of me refuses to believe 
The dangers 
Of those dangerous eyes.

A part of me wants to flee...
Far away to the safety of human settlement...

The victorious part wins....

I boldly look right back
Into those dangerous eyes,
Finding depth and soul and passion.

They ask me a question,
"Are you upto me?"

In all intenseness I face them and think.....

'Life is not life, well-lived.....without risks'

O Dangerous-eyed One....Man or Beast

I am your kind.





No comments:

Post a Comment